IIAS The Newsletter – News from Northeast Asia
SNU Asia Center is organizing and providing the Northeast Asia news section in <The Newsletter>, published three times a year by IIAS (International Institute of Asian Studies), an eminent Asian research institute in the Netherlands. SNUAC requests experts of respective fields to contribute articles on the developmental directions of Northeast Asia, centering on current issues of China, Japan, and Korea.
In the latest volume, <The Newsletter> Vol. 88, issues of the following topics are dealt with in the News from Northeast Asia section. (Click to view each article.)
- Cultural encounters through translation in Northeast Asia – Ilhong Ko
- Asian workers’ solidarity and cultural exchange: Korean grassroots activist songs and the Chinese translation and dissemination of the Biography of Chun Tae-il – Kyusik Jeong
- The translation and cultural exchange of the Japanese classic Genjimonogatari in the Northeast Asian world – Nihei Michiaki
- Aspects of Japanese publication translations in Sinmunkwan’s magazines – Tanaka Mika
- Across the Korea Strait and the Yellow Sea. Kim Ji Ha in the 1970s – Jang Moon-seok