IIAS The Newsletter – News from Northeast Asia
SNU Asia Center is organizing and providing the Northeast Asia news section in <The Newsletter>, published three times a year by IIAS (International Institute of Asian Studies), an eminent Asian research institute in the Netherlands. SNUAC requests experts of respective fields to contribute articles on the developmental directions of Northeast Asia, centering on current issues of China, Japan, and Korea.
In the latest volume, <The Newsletter> Vol. 85, issues of the following topics are dealt with in the News from Northeast Asia section. (Click to view each article.)
- The Borderlands of Northeast Asia – Ilhong Ko
- Porous borders and a negotiated sense of place. Re-imagining Kaeseong Industrial Complex as the borderlands – Hyunjoo Jung
- Tsushima, an island of hybridity – Todoroki Hiroshi
- Shuri Castle as a symbol of peace in East Asia – Keun-Sik Jung
- Hun Chun, an international cross-border economic region -Li Yinhe