Revised Notice [SNUAC Visiting Scholars Fellowship]
To support scholars whose research and writings are related to Asia and also promote academic exchanges with SNUAC faculty members and research fellows by providing research spaces and financial supports.
- Length of Appointment & Number of Opening Positions
– The fellowship is 6 months (From Sep 2018 to Feb 2019).
– The fellowship may be renewed every 6 months based on the research outcomes.
– A total of 5 fellows will be selected.
– Domestic and international researchers who conduct research on themes and regions of Asia.
– Possess a PhD degree or have expert experience that is equivalent to a PhD degree.
– Must be able to reside at SNUAC and conduct research during the fellowship period.
– Research grant: KRW 3,600,000(during the six months); provided at the successful completion of the fellow’s responsibilities.
– Research space and access to SNU library and other research facilities.
- Responsibilities (6 months)
– The interim results must be presented at the <SNUAC Brown Bag Seminar Series> within three months of the fellowship period.
– The final research report must be submitted two weeks before the end of the fellowship period.
– The fellow must contribute an article to SNUAC Asia Regional Review Team’s webzine <DiverseAsia>.
– The fellow must acknowledge SNUAC when publishing articles, books, etc. that are based on research conducted during the fellowship period.
– Fellows are encouraged to actively participate in SNUAC events (e.g. academic/exchange events) and are advised to form networks with other SNUAC research fellows.
- Required Documents
– 1 copy of CV stating the start and end dates (i.e. YYYY/MM)
– 1 copy of research plan (A4, 2 pages)
- Submission Method
– Deadline: Thursday, 31 May, 2018, 17:00 via E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– The final list of the selected fellows will be announced on SNUAC website.
– Selection may not occur when there are no qualified applicants.
– The submitted documents will not be returned.
– Inquiry: SNUAC +82-2-880-2096
April 23, 2018
Seoul National University Asia Center Director