To support scholars whose research and writings are related to Asia and also promote academic exchanges with SNUAC researchers by providing working space and small research grant.
- Nature of the Fellowship
The nature of the fellowship is a small research grant that is given to the incoming visiting scholars with their own funds. This is not an employment-based scheme, so the Institute will not be able to help fellowship recipients get entry visas; however, we will provide working space, library and internet access as well as links to campus-based scholars and networks for those in residence during term period.
- Length of the Fellowship & Number of Opening Positions
- The fellowship lasts for 6 months (From March 2021 to August 2021).
- The fellowship may be renewed every 6 months depending on the research outcomes.
Fellowship applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Domestic and international researchers who conduct research on themes and regions of Asia.
- Hold a doctoral degree or have professional expertise that is equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Must be able to reside at SNUAC and conduct research during the term period.
- Research grant: KRW 3,600,000 (during the six months); provided at the successful completion of the fellow’s responsibilities.
- Working space and access to SNU library and other research facilities.
- Responsibilities (6 months)
- The fellow must present the interim results at the <Asia Square Brownbag Seminar Series> within three months of the beginning of the fellowship.
- The fellow must submit the final research report two weeks before the end of the fellowship.
- The fellow must contribute an article to SNUAC Asia Regional Review Team’s webzine <DiverseAsia> (http://diverseasia.snu.ac.kr)
- The fellow must acknowledge SNUAC when publishing articles, books, etc. that are based on research conducted during the fellowship period.
- Fellows are encouraged to actively participate in SNUAC events (e.g. academic/exchange events) and are advised to form networks with other SNUAC research fellows.
- Application Process
- In order to apply, applicants must complete and submit an online application at http://snuac.snu.ac.kr/request/?page_id=2565. Applicants will be asked to provide (a) basic background details, (b) CV indicating the start and end dates (i.e. YYYY/MM), (c) Research plan (Max A4 2 pages).
- Submission Deadline: Please submit by 5pm, November 27, 2020
- Selection decision will be announced on SNUAC website in December 2020.
- Selection decision may not be made when there are no qualified applicants.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Inquiry: email@example.com ; +82-2-880-2693
October 29, 2020
Seoul National University Asia Center